Author Marie Clay provides for the systematic observation of young children's responses to classroom reading and writing in the first years of school.
This book is for:
- classroom teachers who want to be careful observations of young children learning to read and write, helping them to monitor the progress of children in any kind of beginning literacy program;
- teachers who work individually with children having temporary difficulties with literacy learning;
- administrators who require teachers to give them easy-to-read accounts of individual progress made by children between two points in time;
- students who are training themselves to observe emerging literacy behaviors;
- researchers probing how young children learn about literacy.