Including Samuel DVD Education Kit
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
- Buy 6 - 20 and get 10% off
- Buy 21 - 50 and get 20% off
- Buy 51 or above and get 30% off
- Dan Habib
- DVD Length:
- 58 minutes documentary film plus trailers, extended interviews, and other extras
- Educational Materials:
- 30+ pages of educational materials enclosed on CD
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
Photojournalist Dan Habib rarely thought about inclusion before his son Samuel was born. Now he thinks about inclusion every day.
Habib's award-winning film Including Samuel documents his family's hopes and struggles as well as the experiences of four other individuals with disabilities and their families. Including Samuel-a highly personal, passionately photographed film-captures the cultural and systemic barriers to inclusion and features interviews with teachers, parents and disability rights experts.
DVD Extras including:
- Extended interviews
- An inclusion discussion by subjects in the film
- NHPTV Outlook: The Impact of Including Samuel
- 17 subtitled language translations: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish
- 3-minute and 12-minute film trailers
PDF of Educational Guide on included CD:
Authored by Habib, Mary Schuh, Ph.D., and Cheryl Jorgensen, Ph.D. (both with the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability), this guide features:
- Introduction from the filmmaker
- Discussion questions & viewing tips
- Inclusion myths & realities
- A teacher's view on inclusion
- A synopsis of each major figure in the film
- A primer on language around disability
- Action ideas for you and your community
- Self-assessment questions: Is inclusion happening in your community?
This education kit contains:
- 1 DVD of Including Samuel licensed for educational, instructional and institutional use;
- 1 CD containing the Including Samuel Educational Guide authored by Habib, Mary Schuh, Ph.D., and Cheryl M. Jorgensen, Ph.D.
- the license for instructional and institutional use
- the rights for free (no admission fees) public screenings
Education Kit Licensing
The Licensing for the Education Kits allows for unlimited viewing as long as it is for your organization's use. The film and accompanying materials can be uploaded onto a password protected server (like Blackboard) or they can be used to host public screenings as long as no admission fee is charged.
If you have questions about which version of Including Samuel is best for you, click here to view Including Samuel Purchasing Guidelines.
Director, Producer and Cinematographer Dan Habib
Edited by Rikk Desgres/Pinehurst Pictures & Sound
Music by John Kimbrough and Keith Jones
Produced in collaboration with the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire