Including Samuel DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Education Kit
- Dan Habib
- Film Length:
- 58 minutes documentary film plus trailers, extended interviews, and other extras
- Educational Materials:
- 30+ pages of educational materials included on PDF
- File Format for Video Downloads:
The streaming link for the Education Kits is not set up for multiple people to access and will lock after being opened from more than three devices. In order for multiple people to view the film online, your organization will need to download the video files and upload them to a password-protected server such as Blackboard or Canvas (the files must be uploaded, not the link).
If you need temporary access to stream material from an Education Kit you’ve already purchased to support COVID-19 remote learning, please Contact Us with your request for assistance.
Photojournalist Dan Habib rarely thought about inclusion before his son Samuel was born. Now he thinks about inclusion every day.
Habib's award-winning film Including Samuel documents his family's hopes and struggles as well as the experiences of four other individuals with disabilities and their families. Including Samuel-a highly personal, passionately photographed film-captures the cultural and systemic barriers to inclusion and features interviews with teachers, parents and disability rights experts.
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Education Kit Features
DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Education Kit Extras including:
- Extended interviews
- An inclusion discussion by subjects in the film
- NHPTV Outlook: The Impact of Including Samuel
- A downloadable zip folder containing 17 time-coded word docs with subtitled language translations: Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish
- 3-minute and 12-minute film trailers
Downloadable PDF of Educational Guide:
Authored by Habib, Mary Schuh, Ph.D., and Cheryl Jorgensen, Ph.D. (both with the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability), this guide features:
- Introduction from the filmmaker
- Discussion questions & viewing tips
- Inclusion myths & realities
- A teacher's view on inclusion
- A synopsis of each major figure in the film
- A primer on language around disability
- Action ideas for you and your community
- Self-assessment questions: Is inclusion happening in your community?
This DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Education Kit contains:
- Including Samuel film file licensed for educational, instructional and institutional use;
- downloadable PDF of Including Samuel Educational Guide authored by Habib, Mary Schuh, Ph.D., and Cheryl M. Jorgensen, Ph.D.
- the inherent license for instructional and institutional use
- the rights for free (no admission fees) public screenings
Education Kit Licensing
The Licensing for the Education Kits allows for unlimited viewing as long as it is for your organization's use. The film and accompanying materials can be uploaded onto a password protected server (like Blackboard) or they can be used to host public screenings as long as no admission fee is charged.
How do I access the digital film/webinar I just purchased?
When you purchase a digital film you receive an email from email@example.com with a link that takes you to where you can stream and/or download the film and accompanying materials. (Options to stream and download a film are on the same page.) We recommend downloading the video file because, due to security measures, the film will be locked if it’s opened from more than three devices. For further assistance please Contact Us or feel free to call 800-378-0386.
If you have questions about which version of Including Samuel is best for you, click here to view Including Samuel Purchasing Guidelines.
Director, Producer and Cinematographer Dan Habib
Edited by Rikk Desgres/Pinehurst Pictures & Sound
Music by John Kimbrough and Keith Jones
Produced in collaboration with the Institute on Disability at the University of New Hampshire
An issue with our streaming video vendor software has been discovered that limits the access of some features of video player accessibility when using keyboard navigation. We have notified the vendor and are working with them to reach a resolution. If you need any additional support around this issue, please contact the Institute on Disability directly at firstname.lastname@example.org